TheÃ‚Â brutally honest andÃ‚Â extraordinary, snappy writer, Jaye Wells, shocked me this morning by including me in her list of awardees for the Thinking Blogger Awards.
“Kathie makes me laugh out loud. She is responsible for making me rethink my choice in underpants. She’s also a damned good writer. If we were sisters, she’d be the smart sister with a bright future, while I’d be the sarcastic problem child. “
(WearingÃ‚Â Vera Wang as per myÃ‚Â award show fantasy demandsÃ‚Â and white cotton Hanes) I must say I’m stunned by Jaye’s flattery and empowered thatÃ‚Â I’ve had suchÃ‚Â deep influence in the life of another writer.Ã‚Â I mean, to be able to affect change in the arena of undergarments, to know I’m making a difference, well, it leaves me tearful and without appropriate words.Ã‚Â So, just thanks Jaye.
It’s now my turn to pass on the good will and award some of my favorite blogs. But first, some background about the award:
The Thinking Blogger Award is an effort to build a network of blogs linked together outside of the usual search engines. Here is how it works (sort of like a meme):
1. If, and only if, you get tagged, write a post with links to 5 blogs that tickle your grey matter.
2. Link to this post so that people can easily find the exact origin of the meme;
3. Optional: Proudly display the ‘Thinking Blogger Award’ with a link to the post that you wrote (here is an alternative gold version if silver doesn’t fit your blog).
So, while there are many blogs with whom I could bestow this award (take a look at my blogroll for others I love)Ã‚Â I’m limited to five:Ã‚Â Soooooooo, here they are:
- My Brilliant Mistakes–Cindy Closkey’s blog fills the gaps of my writer/stay-at-home-mom life.Ã‚Â Cindy reviews plays, offers (the recipe only, you’d have toÃ‚Â set up an appointmentÃ‚Â toÃ‚Â get her to make you the real thing)Ã‚Â and critiques cocktails, travels, has her own businesses, performs in plays, molds other writers, and went to MIT.Ã‚Â Yes, just linking to her blog makes me feel smarter.Ã‚Â Cindy is the cool girl with the brain power that could end the world’s energy concerns…If it could juuuusssst beeeeeee harnessssssed.Ã‚Â
- MG Tarquini, Genre Neutral—Mindy is a writer so gifted and talented that she’s drawn the attention of Miss Snark.Ã‚Â Yes, several times, Miss Snark has pointed her readers in Mindy’s direction and anyone who reads Miss Snark, knows damn well, if she points in your direction it’sÃ‚Â often not good news.Ã‚Â Mindy is an exception and her blog of disparate, though gripping bites of information never dissapoint.
- Judy Schneider’s Writing Lab–Judy’s blog is new.Ã‚Â But as any writer will soon find out, Judy’s experience in the writing world is anything but novice-like.Ã‚Â She’s a fantastic support person, a marvel at ferreting out plot problems, and helping writers inject their work with heightened tension.Ã‚Â As Co-author of The Frantic Woman’s Guide to Life and other works, she can wrestle your house into order while prodding you to whip your manuscript into shape–good enough shape to secure an agent and get the freaking thing published already.Ã‚Â Can’t put a price on that.
- Working Stiffs–Working Stiffs sounds like it might pertain to the down-trodden working man, but it’s home to published and unpublished authors of mystery, suspense, thriller and even Women’s fiction.Ã‚Â Nancy Martin, Rebecca Drake and other Pittsburgh writers, published in various form, contribute there giving the reader glimpses into the minds of devious writing processes and murderous as well as joyous journeys into and through modern publicationÃ‚Â of books.Ã‚Â Okay, I contribute there, too, but as a small piece of the pie, I don’t feel as though I’m awarding myself.Ã‚Â And if I am, well, oh well.
- Becky the Absentminded Housewife–Becky is fantastic.Ã‚Â The woman has three children–small kids–a husband and she is a costume maker.Ã‚Â Can you imagine?Ã‚Â She fashions the funniest (enormous boobs), most beautiful things a person could ever want to dress-up in.Ã‚Â Even makes a person who hates Halloween, take a closer look.Ã‚Â Maybe that fairie costume isn’t so innappropriate for the supermarket…It could work.Ã‚Â With the right undergarments, I suppose.Ã‚Â But, more than that, Becky is a fabulous writer who as far as I know has noÃ‚Â dream of publishing the great American novel.Ã‚Â She’s just insightful, funny, and honest about life in theÃ‚Â exotic worldÃ‚Â of Nevada–all for the benefit of us!
21 thoughts on “Thinking Blogger Awards”
I love you….
However, I buy the boobs from a wholesale costume supplier. I did make the other costumes though!
Ohhhhhh, I have a costume I’m planning, oh yes, has something to do with boobs. I need to update my current projects in my sidebar.
Becky, awesome, can’t wait to see the new costume!! I didn’t realize you purchased that one set of knockers. They are big. But I guess, if you’re gonna dress in costume, you might as well go witht the big guns.
Congratulations on the award, Kathie!
And thank you so much for your recognition of Working Stiffs.
Kathie! I’m honored! Now I’m going to bawl! And congrats on your award. Jaye’s an insightful young woman and a damned good writer.
And reference the big boobs. I got a couple of those. Hey Becky, think you can get mine to lift and separate? Without putting them in different states, I mean?
You will all look FAB! (Like the Fab 5 – it is 5 right? I’m getting too old to recall what I read 5 seconds ago…and too lazy to check.) Congrats to the winners! Please post photos of yourselves in your Vera gowns.
Kathie, thanks a bunch for the recognition! You’re a radiant gem! (Now, get back to work heightening that plot!)
As for the boobs, I wonder if Beckie does cakes. My brother’s office people sent him an un-clad woman cake for his birthday last week. He and his co-workers ate everything but the boobs — can’t tell if they’re a shy bunch or just saving the best for last. Then again, what would day-old boobs taste like?
Kristine, MG, Susan, and Judy–thanks for your kind words and I’m glad you’ve accepted! You all make blogging worthwhile. And Susan, I’m coming to your place today and will link to what I know will be a fantastic center of creative fun. Thank you all!!
Congratulations Kathie and everyone else. Well deserved.
Can we talk about bras now?
Anti-wife, bras will be fine. I’m working on a post now…just need a few more links to round things out.
Make sure when you talk about bras that you mention the “bend over and jiggle like jello” trick to fill up those cups!
You know what I really want? I sports bra that doesn’t make me look like I’m smuggling pancakes into the gym.
Thanks for the links, Kathie. I’m glad you put MG on your list. I didn’t have room for her and I felt bad.
Anti-wife–noted and inserted, Jaye, I hear you on the sports bra. I’m busy researching it…get back to you soon.
Yes, I can make cakes. I made a kickass “smoking” volcano cake once. I suppose I could make a kickass naked lady cake and make that smoke too.
Yes, I can get boobs to lift and separate. I have a roll of duct tape just for that purpose.
Becky, a smoking boobs cake! I think you’re on to something here. You could patent the design and make million$! (But first you’ll need a Smoking Boobs Website!)
Congrats Kathie (and everyone!) — you’re who I aspire to be. (How’s THAT for some bad-ass grammar??) 🙂 And as for photos, the smoking boobs cake is a MUST POST! Kathie, I eagerly await your bra post….the girls are in serious need of some kind of help.
When I think of you it’s always when I see sharks on TV. You did a post on them once. I literally get ‘Kathie!’ in my head.
Keep well, luvvie.
Becky, you’re even more talented than I suspected. Judy, sounds like you and Becky might forge a culinary partnership. CC, thanks for the compliment–keep plugging away on your blog. ME, that’s so funny you say that about sharks. I was just talking about them in thinking about our trip to the beach this summer…I’m totally fascinated and scared of them. Check out http://swimatyourownrisk.com really good site.
Mindy, sounds like help is on the way via Becky…
Congrats on the award!!
Jaye– I AM the little sister you described, lol.
Hey, Becky! I’m an expert on boobs and duct tape. All Italians are.
I’m trying to figure out how to get the little award banner on my blogsite. Is there a secret?