Today I’ve turned the tables on two of the most prolific bloggers on the web! Liz Fenton and Lisa Steinke are fresh off a new book deal and although they’re buried under more writing they still manage to churn out loads of fun author interviews on Chick Lit is NOT Dead! Lucky for us, they’ve graciously carved a few minutes out of their day to answer some questions. This little set of queries is inspired by themes drawn from my new women’s fiction–[amazon_link id=”B00AN99FIQ” target=”_blank” container=”” container_class=”” ]Love and Other Subjects[/amazon_link]. So, grab your coffee, sit back and get to know a little more about these two fantastic authors! Then we invite you to choose one question and answer it in the comments! Don’t forget to visit Liz and Lisa (more links below)–their site and soon-to-be born novel are tremendous!
- What was your favorite subject in school? Least favorite? We both LOVED English. In college, we even did some writing together on our word processor. #1990srule Our least fave? Math, for sure! Liz had to sweet talk her way out of flunking Geometry!
- In the book, the name of Carolyn’s love interest is “Jeep,” or “Money” as she pseudo-affectionately calls him. What’s your favorite character “pet name” from a book or movie? It’s from a TV show, but sometimes we call each other Honey Boo Boo. And not in a good way.
- Coors Light or Chardonnay? hmmm…can we get a glass of Merlot instead?
- What teacher do you remember most? Why? We both loved our Communication professor in college. He always loved to talk about this new cool thing called the “Information Superhighway”. (Yes, we are that old.)
- What advice would you give to young women just out of college? The road to your dreams is paved by A LOT of hard work. Make sure to listen and learn from those around you.
- Is your first post-college love, someone to remember or someone to forget, why? Oh, man, are we going THERE? Talking Exes?! Let’s just say that we’re both happy we didn’t marry our post-college loves. But that being said, dating Mr. Wrong can sometimes be a blessing-you learn what you DON’T want in a relationship.
- Talk about your first job—one to remember or one to forget? Why? We both started at the bottom and paid our dues–Liz in an inside sales-type job with long hours and Lisa as a production assistant on a popular talk show. We worked our booties off, but it was worth it. The work ethic we developed then would come in handy while juggling jobs, kids, a website and writing books!
- In thinking about your circle of friends right out of college—what do you remember most about the time you spent together? So. Much. FUN! And probably too much drinking! (Which makes it hard to remember all those special moments…damn!)
- How about villainous bosses? Was your first job a version of “Devil Wears Prada” or “Mentor from Heaven?” We’ve both been really lucky! Both of us have had people in our careers that have been incredibly generous and kind. We hope we can pay it forward!
- Did your in-laws welcome you with open arms or scare you off with inside jokes and hoops to jump through? Open Arms! (Thank GAWD…)
- Carolyn’s hopefully someday future sisters-in-law used “The House of Mirth” to talk about her in negative ways…did you ever feel like you were a character in a book? Unfortunately, we’ve both felt like Bridget Jones more than we care to admit! LOL!
Thanks so much for stopping by, Liz and Lisa! Readers–be sure to visit these lovely ladies at the following sites:
Facebook: httpss://www.facebook.com/chicklitisnotdead and…
Liz and Lisa’s Website: Chicklitisnotdead.com